My focus shifted. As a learned more about His grace, His love, His mercy, I recognized something really significant. I had failed to truly understand. I had focused so much of my energy on mustering all my strength to love God. Some days I felt like I succeeded, but many days I felt like a huge failure. There was no way I could love God enough--no way I, a mere human being, could love the holy, magnificent Creator with all the love He deserved.
The thing is, I don't think this is what God expects of us. For me, even though I had the best of intentions, I hadn't let myself internalize how much God loves me. Thank goodness, my worth is not based on how well I love God. I have recognized more and more that God DELIGHTS in loving me. He delights in loving me. And instead of striving to love God more, I realized it was more important to let God love ME. His love NEVER fails. He is with me always and loves me wholly, completely and unconditionally. When I stopped striving to love Him, the truth that He loves me unconditionally was remarkable life changing. His love never ends!
Friend, He loves you. Ask Him to show you how much He loves you today. Rest in His love.

No comments:
Post a Comment