Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Good Ol' Question of....Balance

Now that I am feeling ready to tackle life head on, I am confronted yet again with the question of balance. I have 20 current piano students and about 10 potential students on a waiting list. I am so thankful for God’s provision! And yet, school starts in less than a month. The question that comes with all this is: how stressed do I really want to be? J In addition to teaching, full-time school leaves little time for building relationships and simply enjoying life. I have been so blessed by getting involved in the college group at Community Covenant and really see God’s hand in our connections and interactions with each other. I don’t want to lose that in the fall because I am juggling too much.
Was thinking today of this question of balance and realizing that much of what I think matters, actually has little significance. I really want to graduate this year. And yet, I ask myself, why? I don’t really know. "Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." –Francis Chan
Realizing that exactly when I finish school is relatively insignificant, I am now asking myself what does matter to me. Where do I want to invest my time and energy? I want to focus on God, healing, and building relationships. I don't want to be so focused on school and work that I miss the things in life that matter most. I am stoked at how God is working in my personal life as I have taken the time to seek Him and fellowship with those around me. I am truly amazed at the lessons He is teaching me daily. So excited to see what He is teaching me in the context of relationships--there is so much to learn from one another.
So in the 10 minutes I took to write this: I think I have come to a conclusion. Less is more for now. I don't want to be too busy for the plans God has for me. Right now, I need to focus on seeking Him and growing closer to those in the body of Christ. Less school. Less busy. More God. More fellowship. Just a little word from God today.

No comments: